The 2019 flooding of the Tennessee River damaged our computers, equipment, and communication systems. If you fill out an adoption application but were not contacted, please let us know. Your application was probably flooded and not rejected.
PeeWee Piglets adoption objective is to assure permanent and successful placement for the entire life of the pig. We like happy owners and happy pigs. We want to make sure we have the right pet for you, and you have the right home for a PeeWee Piglet.
PeeWee Piglets assumes a lifetime responsibility for our pigs and we want our owners to have the same mindset and dedication as we do. However, in the event that an owner can't keep their pig, we'll take it back with no questions asked.
Be A Responsible Pig Owner
A pig lives up to twenty years and is a big commitment that should not be taken lightly. All prospective new pig owners are responsible for the pig's welfare. It is the owner's responsibility to train and provide for the care and living arrangments for their pig. `If a problem occurs, work toward a solution and not abandonment. Many shelters euthanize after only three days and rescues are often at full capacity, and can't take another animal.
Pigs are highly intelligent and emotional creatures that from strong social bonds. It is traumatic for the pig to leave their home and their family. Pigs will miss and grieve, sometimes for months and even years. Pigs feel grief, sorrow, loss and exhibit behavior very similar to our own behavior. A grieving pig will look sad, refuse food and water, act lethartgic and not show an interest in things that pigs are normally interested in. Pigs even cry real tears.
This Gravity Falls comic strip (below), is a sad but accurate account of the pain and anguish experienced by both the owner and the pig, when a pig is rehomed or surrendered. It is heartbreaking for Mabel to relinquish her pet and for Waddles to leave his home and the little girl he loved so much. This same pitiful scenario occurs every day when owners surrender their pet pigs. Please be a responsible owner and keep your pig for life. You have your work, your family, friends and hobbies. Your pig just has YOU.
Waddles Surrendered to Animal Sanctuary
This Gravity Falls comic strip below is a sad but accurate account of the pain and anguish experienced by both owner and pig, when a pig is rehomed or surrendered. Pigs are highly intelligent and emotional creatures that from strong social bonds. It is traumatic for the pig to leave their family and home. They feel grief, sorrow and loss, exhibiting behaviors very similar to our own behavior. Some pigs will grieve and become depressed for months and even years. Pigs can cry real tears.
Please be a responsible owner for your pet. You have other interests such as friends, family, work or hobbies. When you take that little piglet into your home, he leaves everything he knows behind and only has you. The quality of life for your piglet is determined by you. Be the best owner you can be. We are not perfect and neither are pets. When problems arise, work towards a solution instead of abandonment. Make the right dedcision and do the right thing. Make a lifetime commitment to your pig. Enjoy this awesome journey together, from the first time you hold your baby piglet, until he crosses Rainbow Bridge.
How To Adopt A Piglet
1. Submit Piglet Adoption Application online or by telephone. All applications are held on file until applicant calls PeeWee Piglets for an adoption consultation which starts the adoptiom process.
2. Call PeeWee PIglets at (662) 212-3695 for an adoption consultation. We like to know a little about our prospective owners to qualify and coordinate placement. At this time we can discuss pig care, available piglets, placement and any questions you might have.
3. Select your piglet from available piglets at PeeWee Piglets in Shiloh TN. or by reserving piglet of your choice. We encourage prospective owners to visit and meet all available piglets, as many are not listed on the website. To reserve a piglet, submit online Piglet Deposit Form with $150 non refundable deposit. Deposit applied to the price of piglet. Upon receipt of deposit and approved application, your piglet will be reserved. Confirmation of piglet selection and pick up/shipping arrangments will be coordinated with prospective owner.
4. Purchase Purchase Agreement to be signed. Any balances owed for piglet, shipping or additional fees etc., to be paid in full prior to shipping or pick up.
5. Your piglet goes home. Piglet shipped or local pick up scheduled at PeeWee Piglets, Shiloh TN.
Conditions, Acceptance and Terms of Service
1. Your use of PeeWee Piglets products, adoption of piglets, software, services and web sites (referred to collectively as “Services”and excluding services provided by PeeWee Piglets under a separate written agreement) is subject to the terms of a legal agreement between you and PeeWee Piglets. “PeeWee Piglets" principle place of business is 790 McNairy Dr., Shiloh TN 38376, United States. This document explains how the agreement is made up, and sets out some of the terms of that agreement.
2. Unless otherwise agreed in writing with PeeWee Piglets, your agreement with PeeWee Piglets will include the terms and conditions set out in this document. These are referred to as the “General Terms. Your agreement with PeeWee Piglets will also include the terms set forth in the Piglet Adoption Application, Piglet Deposit Form and Piglet Purchase Agreement, collectively referred to as Additional Terms and are in addition to the General Terms, and any applicable legal notices. These additional Terms will be accessible to read either within, or through use of service. The General Terms, together with the Additional Terms, collectively form a legally binding agreement between you and PeeWee Piglets. It is important that you take the time to read them carefully. If there is any contradiction between the Additional Terms and the General Terms, then the Additional Terms shall take prprecedence.
3. In order to use the Services, you must first agree to the Terms. You may not use the Services if you do not accept the Terms. You can accept the Terms by: (A) clicking to accept or agree to the Terms, where this option is made available to you by PeeWee Piglets in the user interface for any Service; or (B) by actually using the Services. In this case, you understand and agree that PeeWee Piglets will treat your use of the Services as acceptance of the Terms from that point onwards. Translation of the English language version of the Terms, is for your convenience only and that the English language will govern your relationship with PeeWee Piglets. If there is any contradiction between the English language and a translation, then the English language shall take precedence. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the PeeWee Piglets services may change from time to time without prior notice to you. You agree to uses services only for purposes that are permitted by (a) the Terms and (b) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines .